David K. Gay retired after 21 years as the Director of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at College of DuPage. Throughout his career, David was advisor, counselor, coach and trainer to thousands of businesses throughout northeastern Illinois. He established a reputation as trusted advisor to the business community with particular expertise in small business financing, business planning, franchising, acquisitions, government resources for businesses and economic development. In 2013, David founded InSight Business Advisors to continue his work with small businesses and maintain his close relationship with local Small Business Development Centers, economic development organizations, bankers, accountants, consultants and other professionals that work with the small business community.
David’s academic credentials include a Bachelor of Arts degree from Hanover College (Ind.), an MBA in finance and post-graduate work in entrepreneurial studies from the University of Denver. He is a graduate of the Oklahoma University Economic Development Institute program and is a Certified Economic Developer under the International Economic Development Institute. He is an active member of the IL Entrepreneurship and Small Business Growth Association and a Certified Business Counselor in that organization.
- MBA Finance and Entrepreneurship, University of Denver
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) International Economic Development Counsel
- Certified Business Development Advisor (IL Entrepreneurship and Small Business Growth Assoc.)
- Certified PeerSpectives Facilitator (Edward Lowe Foundation)
- Certified Profit Mastery Facilitator (Business Resource Services of Seattle)
- Certified NxLevel Entrepreneur Training instructor
- Certified FastTrac facilitator